A Road Less Traveled

by Korey Buchanek

When God Speaks People Should Listen

Published by Korey Buchanek under on 8:42 AM
                                                                                                                   February 16, 2012

Have you ever thought to yourself that God was genuinely speaking to you through His Word or in your prayer time? As I look back over my life I can think of a number of times that I felt in my soul that God was speaking with clarity.  I remember the emotions that I wrestled with and the grappling of the words that have left me feeling broken.  Today as I read in Leviticus 26 I see words of clarity.  I see blessings for God's people in their obedience and penalties for their disobedience.  What I read is a God that desires to be very clear with his peoples obedience.

Leviticus 26:14-46 is summed up in verse 30, "I will destroy your high places, and cut down your incense altars, and heap your remains on the remains of your idols, for My soul shall abhor you." The clarity that God speaks to Moses with is crystal clear.  His wrath and hostility against His own people is clearly communicated if they chose to act out against Him.  Where did we believe this changed?  Why would we think that the death of Christ on a cross would remove God's desire for His people to honor and uphold Him and his commandments?  Does the concept of grace remove God's passion for our holiness?  When I read this passage I hear a God that is passionate about His people's obedience.  Did Moses record these words for the Israelites or was this recorded in God's Word for the history of God's children?  I can't read this and dismiss it simply because of an old covenant verses new covenant dialog.

I have to remember that I am called to be set apart as His child.  I am to be in this world and not of it.  Yet I find my flesh waring against the things I hate while allowing the truth to be replaced with a lie in certain areas of my life.  Paul's words could not be more powerful in Romans when we understand our desires in contrast with God's desires and how we so easily become ensnared.  I want to be holy.  I want to hear, "Well done good and faithful servant" when it's all said and done.  I want an intimacy with the Father that allows me to have the words of clarity that Moses received at Mount Sinai.

Father, You are good.  I trust your Word and I want to know how to hide it in my heart more each day.  Give me the wisdom to live with a deeper understanding of your commands for my obedience.  Today I ask You to examine every aspect of my heart.  Don't allow me to hide any area from you as you search me and know me.  I love you Father.

0 comments:

Post a Comment