A Road Less Traveled

by Korey Buchanek

Psalm 19

Published by Korey Buchanek under on 3:55 PM
                                                                                                                             February 4, 2012

Life journaling  is a big part of Fellowship of The Rockies and I've decided to use my blog as a place to write out my thoughts about my quite time with the Father.  Today takes me through Ex. 37, 38, Ps. 19 and Acts 11.  This portion of Exodus looks at the construction of the Tabernacle and Acts is reporting on Peter in Jerusalem and his vision regarding what was once unclean.  However, it is Psalms 19 that stands out in my reading today.

David writes regarding the the expanse and works of the Lord, but almost out of nowhere he expresses an intimate desire of almost any man who is seeking genuine relationship with the Father. He writes in Psalm 19:13 "Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous sins; Let them not rule over me; Then I will be blameless and I shall be acquitted of great transgressions." The thought that he would ask that the Father to keep him back or hold him from something runs against our natural desire for freedom and choices. See a deeper understanding of freedom only comes when our soul is free from the bondage of sin.  It's a dynamic that many never understand because they have become comfortable with the pleasures of  this world. Men like their comfort. We like our Lazy Boy chairs and our decked out trucks and cars.  It's amazing how comfort distorts freedom.

This reminds me that when I'm not wrestling with this life and I'm becoming content with the daily routines I'm at risk for presumptuous sins. I think it's why David finishes this passage with verse 14: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer."  The meditation of my heart goes beyond the meditation of my mind.  My heart dictates my desires and the actions in which my mind dwells on.  My heart will ultimately dictate what comes forth from my mouth.  This is a continual reflection on my need for a Redeemer.

Father, please make this a focus of my life.  I want to give You the desires of my heart in order for You to have your way in me.  Let me not hold on to the presumptuous sins that I allow to be so much a part of my life.  I want to live a life that is not ruled by the desires of this world, but by the desire to live a blameless life before You. May You be glorified through me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment